VISA Interview is the last step in your long journey to reach the USA. Your documents will speak for you. There can be times during the interview where the Officer may not be too convinced by what you say. It’s the ideal time to show a particular document and win over his trust. Below is the list of documents you are expected to have at the time of the F1 Visa interview process. The list is VERY long but it’s always advisable to carry all of them.
Mandatory Documents Required for F1 Visa Interview:
- Copy of interview appointment letter
- DS-160 Confirmation Barcode printout
- Original, valid Axis or Citi Bank VISA fee receipt (Applicant’s Copy)
- Original I-20, approved and signed by you and the University authority
- SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Birth Certificate
List of Academic Documents Required:
You must get Provisional Degree Certificates made from the college. If the college does not issue a Provisional Degree Certificate, then you must get a Bonafide certificate made which will indicate that you are a student of this college, you have given the final semester exams and the results for the same are expected in XYZ month/year.
- Original degree certificates (Bachelors / Masters) / Provisional Degree Certificates
- Original mark sheets (10th and 12th standard, first year bachelors to date)
- Provisional marksheet for any pending results
- Original mark sheets (diploma), original diploma transcripts (stamped and sealed), and original diploma certificate
- Original Extra- curricular / curricular activity certificates
- Original scholarship certificates / awards (if any)
- Original Certificates showing professional courses / examinations done along with marksheets
- Copies of your research work / project
- Relevant test scores, e.g. TOEFL and SAT, GRE, GMAT or LSAT in Original.
- Bonafide certificate from college (if degree is not received )
Checklist of Financial Documents for F1 Visa Interview:
- Original Affidavit of Support from Sponsor/s dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Authentic and Original C.A. statement showing summary of fixed and liquid assets dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Student should carry original and valuation documents for every item stated in the C.A. statement as proof.
- Original Evidence of financial resources: Proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies, dated 3-4 days before visa interview date.
NOTE: The amount should be as per duration of study mentioned in I-20.
- Original Bank statements of Sponsor(s) for the past six months (savings account) OR Original Passbook/s of sponsor/s (savings account) dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original Income tax papers of Sponsor(s) for the last three years from visa interview date
- Proof of income of sponsor(s) like appointment letter, payslips/salary certificates for past six months from visa interview date (All original)
- Balance sheet of business of last three years from visa interview date (Original)
- Original Proof of all liquid assets declared in C.A. Statement including fixed deposits, shares, PPF, investments and so on
- Original Proof showing amount that can be withdrawn against various liquid assets like shares, LIC Policy, Provident fund etc. (redeemable value), dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original Letters from respective authorities on their letterhead indicating that items such as mutual funds, shares, PPF, Provident fund, Fixed Deposits, etc are liquid and can be redeemed before maturity date, dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original Proof of Ownership, agreement of sale, share certificate for all fixed assets declared in C.A. statement.
- Valuation Certificate(s) from Chartered Engineer for every property declared in the C.A. statement in original
Documents Related to Other Admits/Rejects
- All acceptance and reject letters from universities applied to in original
- All scholarship/financial aid grant documents received from universities that you have applied to in original
- Complete application packet of university to which you are going (as was submitted to university) like Application Forms, SOP, Recommendation letters, Resume, Financial documents, technical documents and other documents which you had sent to the University.
- Original Admit letter from the university to which you are going to.
- Original Financial Aid Offer Letter from the university to which you are going to.
- Receipt of any advance payment made to the university.
- Copies of any correspondence mails from any professors of the university to which you are going to
For Applicants with Work Experience
- For employed students: Original Documents like work experience letters, Recommendations from employers, Pay-slips/salary certificates for last six months , IT Returns for last 3 years, appointment letters.
- Original documents showing body of work accomplished.
- Resume showing professional accomplishments