Yocket Mentor of Month : JUNE

Ask these seniors any doubts during entire June! Start the communication either on Yocket Discussions or personal message on the Yocket App.
Mentor  University  Course  Tag
Tushar Joshi University of Minnesota, Twin Cities MS in Computer Science, started in Fall 2017 @tushar26joshi
Manali Killedar University: Carnegie Mellon University Masters in Information Systems Management - Business Intelligence and Data Analytics @ManaliKilledar
Chaitanya Bapat Georgia institute of technology Computer Science @Chaibapchya
Raunaq Majumdar Purdue University MS Electrical and Computer engineering @raunaqmajumdar

Akriti Sanvi
on 15 February, 2018 at 1:58 AM

Hi All.
Which one should I go ahead with NEU or CWRU for MEM Fall2018?
Considering curriculum and Job prospects both .

COMMENTS

Akriti Sanvi: @AskEveryone

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 12:19 PM

Dheeshakti: @Sanvi1209 following

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 12:56 PM

Shashi Praharaj: @Sanvi1209 NEU is better.

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 9:11 PM

Ketav Majumdar: CWRU is definitely better

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 9:11 PM

Ketav Majumdar: Considering the industrial connections, academic reputation, annual endowment, rankings, alumni network

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 9:12 PM

Akriti Sanvi: @shashi praharaj can you please give reason ?

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 11:54 PM

Akriti Sanvi: @ketav Majumdar but I heard finding a job is really difficult on Ohio. Though over all university ranking is better than NEU.

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 11:55 PM

Akriti Sanvi: *in

on 15 Feb, 2018 at 11:58 PM

KHN: NEU any day

on 16 Feb, 2018 at 2:22 AM

Ketav Majumdar: Ankit finding a job is difficult period even if you went to MIT it doesn’t guarantee you will get a job. I have been to CWRU for my study abroad. I had a good impression of the place. The campus is quite safe, student community is good. The university organises loads of career fairs. And Cleveland is one of the most rapidly developing cities in the US. They hosted the republican national convention so that’s something that shows the government is involved in developing the city

on 16 Feb, 2018 at 6:07 AM

Vaishak Jake: @Sanvi1209 Well even I would say Case western cause if you choose Health care as an option you earn a lot of money. Even i got an admit from Northwestern and Case and Northeastern but choosing Case cause Engineering Management is really good.

on 28 Feb, 2018 at 4:12 AM

Samkit Oswal: Case Western over Northwestern? You must be shitting me right now

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:12 AM

KHN: Lol

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:42 AM

Ketav Majumdar: Had you attended the university you would know anyway I don’t need to do so cause you’re full of it anyway.

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:43 AM

Dheeshakti: CWRU over Northwestern

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:43 AM

KHN: You can’t compare Northwestern with CERU.Its an insult of NWU

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Dheeshakti: Did you mean Northwestern or Northeastern ? *

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Dheeshakti: Yeah exactly. Go with Northwestern with your eyes closed ! It’s one of those almost ivy universities !

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 11:46 AM

Ketav Majumdar: I can because I’ve been there. Case western isn’t well known but it has some of the best business programs in America. They are ranked number 24th for their MEM program. The Weatherhead school is ranked at 24th for their Engineering and Project management program. It’s on eduniversal. I have seen some people from CWRU MEM working with PNG, Pfizer, Alcoa, United Technologies and etc. Some that were hire before they graduated as well. Northwestern has a great business school but it’s renowned for MBA not MEM. It’s a shame that some folks find that the name is more important. Going for a masters is more important for the subject not for the brand value. That stuff makes big difference because you want to learn from profs that have solid industrial experience and connections. The latter makes your job referrals easier.

on 14 Mar, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Samkit Oswal: @Sanvi1209 and yet only 2 out of 12 indians in the current batch have jobs right now and they only have 4 months left or they'll have to leave

on 27 Mar, 2018 at 8:37 PM

Samkit Oswal: @Sanvi1209 go for duke

on 27 Mar, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Login to write posts or comments on Yocket

IN ADMITS, REJECTS, PENDING...