Akiilessh Sivakumar

Akiilessh Sivakumar

3 years ago

Hello guys. I have a doubt about the term "cost of education"? I have admit from Michigan Tech Uni

Hello guys. I have a doubt about the term "cost of education"?
I have admit from Michigan Tech University.
In Michigan Tech University, for MS in Mechanical engineering they broke it down to fall, spring, and summer, and totally the cost of education was around 46000 USD annually. (This includes living expenses as well). Does this mean that for 1 academic year I have to pay 46000 USD and for the 2nd academic year I have to pay another 46000 USD? So, I have to spend 92000 USD totally for MS in Mech. Engg. for 2 years?
I checked in Yocket website for the same university and course. The total tuition fee for 30 credits as 36400 USD. Living expense for 1 year was 5000 USD. So, for 2 years 10000 USD. So, totally it costs 46400 USD for completing MS in Mech. Engg. in 2 years (according to yocket).
Can somebody please help me out regarding this?

LikeCount
1 comment

Let’s keep Yocket clean, warm and supportive. Kindly adhere to our Community Guidelines when sharing posts.

LikeButton
Profile_Image

Srinivas Anegundi

3 years ago

@AkiilesshSivakumar I have also admit to same university for FALL-2021. Yes the university has the expenses estimation as you have stated. The expense estimated from university is only true if you take accommodation at the university property. Roughly as i have looked into it for getting an I-20 you have to show funding for 82500USD but that doesn't mean you end up spending that much. Actually fo... See more