Sidharth Singla

Sidharth Singla

6 years ago

I am applying for MS Computer Science, Fall 2018 at UC Irvine. Being an international applicant I ha

I am applying for MS Computer Science, Fall 2018 at UC Irvine. Being an international applicant I have to send the transcripts to the Computer Science Department as a part of the application process. But, I have some doubt regarding the same. They have mentioned on their site that -
Transcripts: Submit one official transcript for every post secondary program attended. Official transcripts must be in sealed envelopes as issued by the school(s) you have attended. Request current transcripts from every post-secondary school that you have attended, including community colleges, summer sessions, and extension programs. If you have attended UCI, you must request an official transcript; we cannot obtain them on your behalf. All transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office at your previous institutions to the academic program to which you applied (NOT to UCI’s Graduate Division).
I have my transcript in sealed envelope of my undergraduate institution. Could I just post the sealed envelope to the corresponding department or it should be from the Registrar Office only ?
Thanks.

LikeCount
9 comments

Let’s keep Yocket clean, warm and supportive. Kindly adhere to our Community Guidelines when sharing posts.

LikeButton
Profile_Image

RAJAT ARORA

6 years ago

Do we have to submit application first and then send transcript or we can send transcript before submitting it? Except from and to anything else to mention on envelope? See more

Profile_Image

Astitv Nagpal

6 years ago

I sent it from my home address. It was received by the receptionist. I mailed them asking the status and they gave me a green flag. Transcripts were accepted. Make sure they are in a sealed envelope of the university. Over that hv a personal envelope with the details See more

LikeCount
Profile_Image

Suresh Natarajan

6 years ago

Address in the TO section is UCI's CS dept. From address would be your address. I've sent in the same way and confirmed the reception of transcripts by the department office. See more

LikeCount
Profile_Image

Sidharth Singla Author

6 years ago

@Suresh Did you confirm it from somewhere and are you suggesting to put "Registrar Office" Address in To section ? See more

Profile_Image

Suresh Natarajan

6 years ago

I have applied to UCI. Just put the sealed envelope inside a new envelope and mention From and To address. See more